Times gone by - Postbridge, Dartmoor
One of the most popular destinations in Dartmoor, the medieval clapper bridge on a foggy afternoon. First written record of the clapper bridge from 1655, but the bridge was built in the medieval period, around the 12th century. The bridge crosses East Dart, a tributary of River Dart, and was used by packhorses to carry tin to Tavistock. The bridge still stands and is remarkably sturdy despited being so old.